Friday 11 March 2016

Review: Reap

Reap Reap by Tillie Cole
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Raised as a prototype for the Georgian Bratva's obedience drug, 221 fails to think, act, or live for himself; he's his master's perfectly-crafted killing puppet. Standing at six-foot-six, weighing two-hundred-and-fifty pounds, and unrivaled in to-the-death combat, 221 successfully secures business for the Georgian Mafiya Boss of NYC, who rules the dark world of the criminal underground. Until his enemies capture him.

Talia Tolstaia dreams to break from the heavy clutches of Bratva life. She dreams of another life--away from the stifling leash of her Russian Bratva Boss father and from the brutality of her work at The Dungeon, her criminal family's underground death-match enterprise. But when she stumbles upon her family's captive who is more monster than man, she starts to see the man underneath. A powerful, beautiful, damaged man whose heart calls to hers. But sacrifices must be made--blood for blood...life for life...souls for scarred souls....

I feel lazy writing a review about this book and I know why. I did not enjoy this book and it took me forever to finish reading it…FOREVER.
I liked the first book in this series so much that I thought well, book two should be as great but then I was disappointed…too disappointed.

Talia bored me and she was the main character. Oh my gosh, I have never been so bored with a character and for some reason 212 aka Zaal did nothing for me. Almost half of the time the guy was healing..I duno.

I wanted a dark romance but what I got was just mafia romance that I did not really get into. It is a shear wonder that I read this book to the very last page.

Another thing that pissed me off, oh yeah it was predictable. Yes I know most books are these days but this just got to me.

I love the cover though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment