Thursday 2 April 2020

Review: The Wicked King

The Wicked King The Wicked King by Holly Black
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Dnf

Dear future me,

I know you are wondering why you did not finish this book and hoping maybe when you read it for a second time, shit will make sense. Let me tell you something DO NOT BOTHER. Having doubts?

Let me give you some of the reason this book was not for you.

You did not connect with the writing at all. You did not connect with any of the characters as much as you tried and you certainly did not connect with the story.

You did not understand the premise of the story and most important it was very difficult to keep up with the realm. You definitely had questions. Lots and lots of questions which unfortunately remained unanswered because you could not read the whole story. It bored the shit out of you.

It is unlikely that you will reread this book.

So, as I said earlier do not bother giving it a second go.

Regards,
Past me on 25th March 2020.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment