Thursday 2 April 2020

Review: THE UNLEASHING


The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1)The Unleashing by Shelly Laurenston
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The two stars are strictly for VIG.

But below are some of the issues I had with this book :-

1. Too much information at once
You know my major problem with this book is that I was introduced to so many things at once that it was difficult to keep up. Yes, it’s the start of a series and as an author, I’m pretty sure her intention was to let us understand her world.
It was TMI that we did not need.
The best solution would be to introduce us gradually to it. You know like how Kresley Cole does in her IAD series.
Half of the time I did not remember who the hell was who and it was bad.

2. Too many characters
This goes hand in hand with the first issue.
There were too many characters. And what sucked, even more, it was difficult to realize who the main characters were. They did not get as much on-screen time. This being a series, some of the non-essential characters could have been introduced later on. in upcoming books.

3. MAIN CHARACTERS' CHEMISTRY
As I read a story, I need to feel connected to the main characters. It is essentially the fuel that powers up my reading mojo. I need to like the characters. I liked VIg to some extent but I just could not bring myself to like Kera. Too tightly wound up.
And I felt like they were not in love LOVE.
No angst. No powerful emotions flowing. NO caveman type of feelings. MH…

4. Maybe it's just me!!! I promise to try it another time. I could be the one tightly wound up at the moment. especially with the coronavirus aka COVID19 pandemic ruing a lot of things.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment