Saturday 30 January 2016

Review: Twist Me

Twist Me Twist Me by Anna Zaires
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Kidnapped. Taken to a private island.

I never thought this could happen to me. I never imagined one chance meeting on the eve of my eighteenth birthday could change my life so completely.
Now I belong to him. To Julian. To a man who is as ruthless as he is beautiful—a man whose touch makes me burn. A man whose tenderness I find more devastating than his cruelty.

My captor is an enigma. I don’t know who he is or why he took me. There is a darkness inside him—a darkness that scares me even as it draws me in.

My name is Nora Leston, and this is my story.

REVIEW

Okay so I am really twisted to read this whole book and in the end question myself, ‘where is the dark untraditional romance story I was promised?’ That’s twisted right?

Anyway, honestly this was not my cup of tea not that the whole kidnapping scene is not my kind of thing but rather the writer’s story telling did not captivate me as I wished. Sure I finished the book and read all of it, didn’t jump any scene but there was that little sparkle that didn’t light up for me.

Julian and Nora…what to say?

I did not connect with Julian at all, even the tiniest bit. All I ended up getting was that he was the main hero and we were somehow supposed to like him, maybe… The author should have told more about him through nora’s point of view.

Well Nora, Nora Nora Nora…she was annoying half of the time, okay quarter of the time but I could not put the book down. I wanted to know the outcome so badly and how it would all end.

I don’t get the Stockholm syndrome that Nora seems to be going through, personally I am of the view that she wanted the whole kidnapping scene to happen and she already had her mind set to falling for him.

And yes one more thing to Julian, you do not take a girl’s virginity that way. There was nothing romantic nor erotic about that scene! Just saying

All in all, this book was not that good but if you want to get into the dark romances this could be one for you. It’s a very light dark romance….

Get your copy

0 comments:

Post a Comment