Tuesday 16 February 2016

Review: Raze

Raze Raze by Tillie Cole
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay, time to write down my thoughts on this one…

RAZE!

Where do authors come up with killer cool names like these? Eh? Just the name of the book itself captures you, you know. Anyway, Raze captured my attention. It had all the elements I was looking for and by that, I sweetly mean, the writing was good and the story was interesting to keep me hooked till the very last page.

Okay, the story…it was a bit predictable not overly predictable but you could tell in which direction the story was going. It’s not as if the author was trying to hide stuff or make it mysterious but it was still very okay. I loved the whole come back from the dead thingy, it was cool but let it be known if it ever happens in real life I will freak out.

Okay, now to the part where I was let down… the characters themselves.

I did not feel very connected to the characters. Kisa was a nice girl and good heroine but she did not necessarily touch my inner heart which is usually what I want every character to do and her man, RAZE, he was sort of mental but he didn’t touch me.

So I definitely would have wanted a better connection with these two.

Nevertheless, I still read the story till the end so I definitely recommend this.

It is not a dark romance to me it was basically just a mafia romance you know…no real true darkness. (Debt By NINA G. JONES has ruined me)

This is my first time reading anything by Tillie Cole and I will try more of her books in the future

0 comments:

Post a Comment