Saturday 5 March 2016

Review: Risking it All

Risking it All Risking it All by Tessa Bailey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

NYPD detective Seraphia Newsom will avenge her brother’s death at any cost. Even if it means insinuating herself into a rough, Brooklyn street gang and going so far undercover, she’s not sure she’ll be able to get out. Every minute she spends in their midst means the clock ticking down on her life, especially when she overhears something that could get her killed.
Bowen Driscol is the heir to a crime enterprise. He never asked for the job, but with his father behind bars, he has no choice but to step in and keep the operation running. But when the NYPD blackmails him with a piece of damning information in exchange for aiding an undercover cop, he finds himself on the other side of the law for the first time in his life.
Bowen knows the danger Sera is in, and keeping her safe trumps saving his own ass. The problem? She can’t know he’s on her side. And there's the matter of the seriously inconvenient heat sparking between them that's incinerating his resistance. But Sera only sees Bowen's past, and men like him are the reason her brother is dead. If they're to get out alive, he'll have to risk exposing the man beneath, and hope to hell he doesn't blow the whole operation in the process..

REVIEW


If you love a man who can talk dirty then this is the book you have been waiting for your whole life. I mean that like I have never meant anything else. Whoa! Like serious the dirty talk in this book is hotter than anything I have read in a long time and it is about time, I go fan myself.

Okay, I am back and let me start with the characters.

Bowen

(Cough, cough) excuse me while I go dance up and down because this happens every time I think of this guy. Wow, let me just say that Tessa Bailey is ruining me for real life men, I swear it. I cannot compare this character to anyone I have ever met but how I would love to meet someone like him.

The words that came from his lips…

"But I’ll get down on my knees and eat that untouched pussy like a motherfucker."

And more

"You could take me to mass everyday and I’d still be that kind of guy who would finger you in the back row."

Only he could mix mass and dirty talk in one sentence and then little me would love it.

Also shout out to the Swahili speakers as the author definitely made our language shine even if it was in one line.

Sera

Oh my gosh, first I am extremely jealous of you. She was utterly loved and still is loved by Bowen hence the extreme jealousy but she was a darling. She did not come out as whiney as some heroines I have read about.

No, she was perfect. She was sassy when need be and knew what she was doing. I love her.

The plot

Oh Tessa, the plotline was good. You know I love me some bad boys and good girl and the plot for this was well written. I approve.

Anyway overall, I am in love!
"I fucking love you Sera. you can do anything to me. anything. lie to me, lock me up, treat me like a monster and I would still fucking love you.".
Get your own copy

0 comments:

Post a Comment