Sunday 6 March 2016

Review: Perfect


Perfect Perfect by Judith McNaught
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A rootless foster child, Julie Mathison had blossomed under the love showered upon her by her adoptive family. Now a lovely and vivacious young woman, she was a respected teacher in her small Texas town, and she passionately lived her ideals. Julie was determined to give back all the kindness she'd received; nothing and no one would ever shatter the perfect life she had fashioned.

Zachary Benedict was an actor/director whose Academy Award-winning career had been shattered when he was wrongly convicted of murdering his wife. After the tall, ruggedly handsome Zack escaped from a Texas prison, he abducted Julie and forced her to drive him to his Colorado mountain hideout. She was outraged, cautious, and unable to ignore the instincts that whispered of his innocence. He was cynical, wary, and increasingly attracted to her. Passion was about to capture them both in its fierce embrace...but the journey to trust, true commitment, and proving Zack's innocence was just beginning....


The first time I read this book was quite the story. I did not have any books to read and per chance and just a good friend this book was around, only issue is the first 100 plus pages were missing so I had to be content to read it from where the pages were available.

I still smile when i think of this book because just as the title says it is simply PERFECT.

It did not matter that I started this book from the middle I still fell heavily in love with the characters and the words the author weaved with so much emotion that I felt everything the characters felt and everything the author wanted me to feel.

"I love you, Julie. I loved in Colorado. I love you here, where I am. I will always love you. Everywhere. Always.”

It is far more easy to say that this book defines why I love reading. looking back I think it has been about ten years since I read it and I am proud to say that this is still my best book and this is also why the author is my best author in the whole world.

When I got my hand on the full book...oh my it was just more smiles and more feels. great book, Judith I wish you would write more.

This book is set in the nineties, so reading it today you might feel a but thrown back to the past but it is worth every time you spend on it.

Julie and Zac, you two are my best and how sometimes I wish you were real so I could just cry when I see you because this is a great love story and this is what love is all about and to every author out there ...this is how you capture words that make people feel.

Get your copy (Only available in paperback)

0 comments:

Post a Comment