Saturday 30 January 2016

Review: After the Kiss

After the Kiss After the Kiss by Lauren Layne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I got a free copy from the publishers for a honest review, well here it is!

Ever felt shivers down your spine as you read a book? Well I have and that is surely my little tell sign that the book I am reading is a good …great read. So far with after the first kiss, I have experienced a lot.
Yes I did start the book yesterday but with all the emotions that rammed through my body; please do trust me it feels like I read it for a week. I mean this in a good way.
At the start of the book I merely thought this was just another romance and it started out that way, simple and I thought I could predict exactly what was going to happen next. Oh I was wrong up to a point when the book took a whole different edge and left me with butterflies in my tummy.
However it is to be noted that this book is a great read and once you read it, it is far easier to actually believe that you are reading a real life story.
The main characters, Mitchell and Julie are very likable and what brought upon my first smile was the fact that at first glance they had concluded in their own heads that they did not find the other attractive. It is only after spending quality time together do they realize how wrong they were…hence do not judge a book by its cover. Unlike most books out there where a person takes one look at the hot millionaire man and is instantly attracted this took the other route.
Their love developed beautifully even with the weave of lies that brought them together. It is an amazing book and I had fun reading it. Mitchell a simple broker makes a bet with his friends to have a fling with one of the best columnist in town but little does he know that the same columnist makes an exciting plan that will land her a best story yet and that that plans involves him!
Hot stuff!
Julie who does not believe in commitment gets her socks knocked off when she finally learns that Mitchell is the one guy who makes her not think of her well laid out plans.
The story flowed well from beginning to end and it worth the read.
Author Lauren Layne definitely knows what she is writing about, I’m hooked now and I cannot wait for the next book in the series to come out! December is definitely a long way.
I recommend this book to you all out there and it gets a 3 stars from me!


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment