Friday 19 August 2016

Review: Midnight Soul


Midnight Soul Midnight Soul by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Against his will, Noctorno Hawthorne, an undercover vice cop, finds himself embroiled in magic, mayhem and parallel universes. Too late, he meets an amazing woman only to find she’s destined for his identical twin in another world.

And things aren’t going real great there.

Noc is recruited to help save that world.

What he doesn’t know is his destined love resides there.

Franka Drakkar wears a mask. A mask she never takes off to protect herself in a world of malice, intrigue and danger.

When Franka meets Noc and he discovers her secrets, convinced she carries a midnight soul, having shielded herself from forming bonds with anyone, she struggles with accepting his tenderness and care.

When Noc meets Franka, over wine and whiskey, her masks slips and Noc knows it’s her—only her—and he has to find a way to get her to come home with him.

And then make her want to stay.



Here is my view on things, there are some moments well, all moment that I expect to love something before it even comes out. This was so very true on this book…because I am Kristen Ashley fan…. And then there are other days I am not sure that I will love something but I give it a chance.

As I mentioned this book, I expected to looove it, and possibly worship it until the next great thing came along to weep my attention.

I cannot say I am fully in love with this book and nor can I say that I love it or like it for that matter. It’s more of I was getting there; I was almost in love with book.

Does that make any sense?

I am stuck half way in love and half way in like with this one.

Haha!

Anyway, this as a good read. I read from the vey first page to the last. I liked Franka in previous books but this time, she as the heroine and I was supposed to love her. And there were points in the story that I did but then got over her at other points.

I was almost bored at a certain point.

I wanna cry…

Noctorno, gave me joy. Alpha and what not but sensitive too. Mh, good one. but we all know my favorite KA hero will always be DAX LAHN. Now that was a god among men!

Because even after all that I still gave this book four freaking stars. And it is because it was a good book and I have been waiting for this for a long while. Seriously a long time. And that part I nthis book about the other world Circe and her Dax...oh my lord! Now that was something. I needed more of that in my life…

Please…well I can’t beg because all is done. Till that part with the two of them...Now that is a story I would pay a lot of money to read.

Kristen Ashley…may you keep rocking my world girlfriend!
Get your copy

Get the whole series

0 comments:

Post a Comment